The key to treating acne is to never allow sweat to stay on your face. Wash with soap EVERY time you sweat. At a minimum, wash your face morning and night.
Yes, your diet counts, too. Drink water instead of sodas. This will not only help clear your skin, it will lower your daily intake of sugar, keeping your body and your mind much more healthy.
Use one of our detoxifying soaps. Let your nose help you decide!
- Shaving Soap is the best due to the essential oils used and the generous dose of bentonite clay it contains.
- Sunshine Mountain Soap has beneficial essential oils and bentonite clay as well as finely ground pumice for a bit of a scrub.
- Blue Shampoo contains bentonite clay and has tea tree essential oil to disinfect. This soap is NOT moisturizing and may cause dryness with twice daily use.
- Hunting & Fishing Soap is made with activated charcoal. The anise essential oil scent smells like licorice.
- Honey Oat Milk Soap has bentonite clay, local honey (antibacterial & holds in moisture), finely ground oats (gentle scrubbing), and goat’s milk (great for skin due to vitamins, etc).
- Yogi Soap has a super dose of activated charcoal, but it also contains coarse black pepper which can scratch delicate skin. Rub it on a washcloth and pick the peppercorns off before using on your face.
- Tea Tree Mint Soap has bentonite clay and tea tree, as well as mint to tighten the pores. It also contains poppy seeds which can scratch delicate skin. Rub it on a washcloth and pick the poppy seeds off before using on your face.
We also have 4 detoxifying face masks. Refreshing Mask tightens pores, but the Super Detox Mask is probably best if you’re fighting acne. Safe to use 2 - 3 times per week.
Toxins are absorbed by our bodies, our skin, every day. There are toxins in food, the air, the detergent residue in our clothing, lotions, sunscreens, colognes, anti-perspirants, etc. To help combat these positively charged toxins, we can wet negatively charged bentonite clay or activated charcoal and apply it to our skin. The positively charged toxins will be attracted to the negatively charged clay or charcoal and be washed away with water.